Personal Auto, Pickup & RV Insurance

We know that your vehicle is an essential part of your life, your work and your joy. Just like the proper maintenance and repair work required to keep your vehicle on the road, auto insurance is a vital need you can’t be without.

To begin with, you can’t legally drive in the State of California without a minimum level of auto liability insurance.

Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:

  • Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
  • Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
  • Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
  • A basic auto policy may include up to six coverages, with each coverage priced separately.
1. Bodily Injury Liability

This coverage applies to injuries that you, the designated driver or policyholder, cause to someone else. You and family members listed on the policy are also covered when driving someone else’s car with their permission.

It’s very important to have enough liability insurance, because if you are involved in a serious accident, you may be sued for a large sum of money. Definitely consider buying more than the state-required minimum to protect assets such as your home and savings.

2. Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

This coverage pays for the treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder's car. At its broadest, PIP can cover medical payments, lost wages and the cost of replacing services normally performed by someone injured in an auto accident. It may also cover funeral costs.

3. Property Damage Liability

This coverage pays for damage you (or someone driving the car with your permission) may cause to someone else's property. Usually, this means damage to someone else’s car, but it also includes damage to lamp posts, telephone poles, fences, buildings or other structures your car hits.

4. Collision

This coverage pays for damage to your car resulting from a collision with another car, object, or as a result of flipping over. It also covers damage caused by potholes. Collision coverage is generally sold with a deductible of $250 to $1,000—the higher your deductible, the lower your premium. Even if you are at fault for the accident, your collision coverage will reimburse you for the costs of repairing your car, minus the deductible. If you're not at fault, your insurance company may try to recover the amount they paid you from the other driver’s insurance company. If they are successful, you'll also be reimbursed for the deductible.

5. Comprehensive

This coverage reimburses you for loss due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another car or object, such as fire, falling objects, missiles, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, hail, flood, vandalism, riot, or contact with animals such as birds or deer.

Comprehensive insurance is usually sold with a $100 to $300 deductible, though you may want to opt for a higher deductible as a way of lowering your premium.

Comprehensive insurance will also reimburse you if your windshield is cracked or shattered. Some companies offer glass coverage with or without a deductible.

6. Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage

This coverage will reimburse you, a member of your family, or a designated driver if one of you is hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver.

Underinsured motorist coverage comes into play when an at-fault driver has insufficient insurance to pay for your total loss. This coverage will also protect you if you are hit as a pedestrian.

We offer flexible, affordable coverage options with great companies like Allied Insurance to meet the needs of every driver. In addition, you may qualify for a range of cost-saving discounts and credits. And when it comes to paying your premium, we provide a number of flexible payment options.

Motorcycle & ATV Insurance

Motorcycles and ATV’s have become an everyday part of today’s active lifestyles. Protecting your investment in the event of an accident is an important consideration when owning a motorcycle or ATV. Even more important is knowing that in the event of injuries, property damage, and other accident related challenges, your needs will be covered.

Options for Motorcycle and ATV coverage includes; Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability, Medical Payments, Uninsured Motorists, Roadside Assistance and more.

Whether you’re into motorcycles or ATV’ ride with confidence that comes with knowing you are prepared for the unforeseen and unexpected.

Homeowners & Renters Insurance

Is the replacement cost value of your home and it's contents covered by your current Homeowners policy? Undervaluing both are common results when policies are not reviewed and kept up to date, something we are always available to do for you.

Homeowners insurance provides coverage in the event of damage to the structure of your home, coverage for your personal belongings, liability protection, and additional living expenses in the event you’re temporarily unable to live in your home due to fire or other disasters. It also covers your possessions if they are stolen - on or off your premises.

Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant damage is caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You need a separate policy for flood or earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.

There are differences between Homeowners and Renters Insurance. Renters, or Tenants Insurance, covers your possessions for the most common causes of loss, pays for additional living expenses if you are forced to live in a motel and eat out after covered loss, and pays medical expenses if someone is injured on your premises because of your negligence.

Each type of insurance provides important protection and peace of mind. We can help you with answers you need.

Condominium Insurance

When you purchase a condominium and finance it through a lending institution, you are required to purchase insurance to protect their investment in your home. The type of coverage and amount is often affected by any coverage amounts covered by the condominium association.

You may also need more insurance to cover your personal items, liability or fees that may be charged to you regarding shared areas of the building, etc. You will need two separate policies to protect your investment:

  • A "master policy" provided by the condo/co-op board.
    This covers the common areas you share with others in your building like the roof, basement, elevator, boiler and walkways for both liability and physical damage.
  • Your own insurance policy.
    This provides coverage for your personal possessions, structural improvements to your apartment and additional living expenses if you are the victim of fire, theft or other disaster listed in your policy. You also get liability protection.

It really helps to deal with an insurance professional who understands condominium insurance coverage and can walk you through all the steps and important considerations needed to make sure your needs are covered.

Personal Umbrella & Liability Insurance

The risk of being sued if you accidentally injure or harm others or damage their property has grown exponentially over the years. Your Homeowner’s policy provides a limited amount of liability coverage. But the amount of coverage provided may note be enough to realistically protect your assets should you find yourself the focus of a lawsuit.

Personal Umbrella Insurance provides coverage beyond your homeowner or auto policy by adding an extra amount of liability coverage in $1,000,000 increments. Umbrella insurance also covers situations that may not be covered by another policy such as slander or libel.

There was a time when Personal Umbrella Insurance was considered a coverage just for “the rich” with sizable assets and financial holdings. This is no longer the case. In these times when people are quick to bring forth lawsuits even with questionable reason, extending personal liability coverage at all income levels may prove to be sound insurance coverage planning.

The greater your risk factors, the more reason to consider Personal Umbrella Insurance. Proven high-risk factors include:

  • Owning a personal watercraft
  • Having a young driver in the family
  • Owning a swimming pool
  • Owning a recreational vehicle

Let us assist you in analyzing your risk factors, assessing current liability coverage included in insurance coverage you already have and determining if additional Personal Umbrella coverage makes prudent sense for you.

Jewelry, Gun & Art Floater

A “Floater” refers to optional types of insurance coverage specifically set up to cover unique personal belongings that may be worth significantly more than a Homeowners or Renters policy will cover in the event they are stolen, destroyed, etc. This is a fact often overlooked by people until they have a loss of valuable jewelry, guns, fine art or other collectibles and are shocked to learn actual covered amounts are far less than the value of items destroyed or stolen.

If you possess valued jewelry, guns, and/or fine art that could never be replaced by the limited amounts of property coverage in your existing policies, give serious consideration to a “floater” policy that can add to your peace of mind and enjoyment of these valued possessions.

Flood Insurance

Standard Homeowners or Renters policies do NOT cover flooding. Flood coverage must be purchased as a separate policy. Most flood policies are provided by the Federal Flood Insurance Program. Because of the limitations to the amount of coverage provided by Federal Flood Insurance Program, you may want to consider optional policies that provide additional dollar amounts of coverage in the event of flood damage.

Flood insurance is available for renters as well as homeowners. Flood insurance is required by lenders if your dwelling is located in a federally designated flood zone. But even you don’t live in a flood zone, it's important to consider potential seasonal flood risks from rivers, sloughs, and other sources. If you live in the California Delta, you understand the threat of potential flooding in years of exceptionally high water runoff from the mountains and foothills even if your dwelling is not located in a designated flood zone.

It’s important to know that if and when you decide to take out flood insurance coverage, there is a mandatory 30-day waiting period before the coverage takes effect. Waiting until a high-risk flood threat is eminent to purchase flood insurance may prove to be too late because of this required waiting period.